Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday morning at Dufferin Grove Park

It's 8 am in the park. There's a lone man in the playground, doing his squats and lunges. A toddler attempts tetherball for the first time, squealing with delight. Three Labs (two black, one chocolate) chase each other in the field, tongues flapping, eyes smiling. Rays of sun manage to poke through the leafy canvas. A young boy is teaching his mother how to ride her bicycle. Somebody left their toy bulldozer on a bench last night. A tight, lean, smooth-skinned man, glistens as he practices on the skateboard ramp by the rink -- I try not to stare for too long.

The air is cool in the shady grove as I step into each pocket of sun, pausing long enough to feel the skin on my arms warm up, then moving onto the next one. Cicadas, everywhere. Blissy. ^_^

2 Comments:

Blogger Mariza said...

I'm sorry I missed it.

8/06/2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger Lottie said...

You may have been just a teensy bit sorry, but not a whole lot, I'm sure. After all, you had much more important things distracting you ^_^

Way to go!

My cat keeps drooling on me.

8/07/2006 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home