Saturday, October 01, 2005

highlights from home

We have acquired yet another kitchen implement: a rice cooker. Now Voula can fall asleep on the couch and not worry about burning brown rice!
Look how happily she beams at the thought of rice porridge for breakfast every morning! Nummers!
Curry Buffet Parties, here we come!!!

FreakazoidSomebody finally came out of her shell and made waffles and pancakes for anyone brave enough to eat them! All brunchers present (Francesca Fiore, Baroness von Monkeyfartzen and a real dish named Trish) decided that the Lemon Ricotta Souffle batter worked best in pancake form. The side of chicken bacon let us feel like we were eating somewhat healthily. Surprisingly, it wasn't so horrible.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mariza said...

I'll miss my eyeballs.

10/01/2005 10:46 PM  
Blogger orange you glad said...

eyeballs are a very small price to pay for a rice cooker, no?

geez. you 3 have a lot of appliances. i must say i am a little envious. any chance of you getting the FOOD DEHYDRATOR - one of the crowning glories of all appliances/gadgets (second only to King George Foreman Grill)?!? do the words "turkey jerky" mean anything to you??

10/02/2005 4:54 PM  
Blogger Lottie said...

Chicken Bacon tastes not unlike Turkey Jerky ^_^

10/02/2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger orange you glad said...

Interesting.

I don't think Mariza should complain about her eyes - I mean you lost the whole top of your head just for a plate of waffles - seemingly not a fair trade despite their delicious appearance.

10/03/2005 11:42 AM  
Blogger Mariza said...

Re: Dehydrator
I'm still trying to get over the fact that my mother gave mine away to a neighbour. I was eyeing the new models at Caynes when I was purchasing my rice cooker. There have been marked improvements since the days of Ron Popeil. The trays now rotate themselves!

But can we just pause for a moment and reflect on the glorious possibilities of THIS baby!?!

10/03/2005 7:43 PM  
Blogger ers said...

Oh dude, that's looks so wrong. Yet all I can think of is cheese-filled EVERYTHING....mmmm....

Also - my dad bought a Ronco food dehydrator when I was in high-school, and last I heard one of my brother's degenerate friends was using it to dry...um...herbs.

10/04/2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger Monsieur Bonhomme said...

alack and agog - you dare befoul the chateau kitchen with savoury (nonsweet) waffles?! the belgian in me is tottering

10/05/2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger Monsieur Bonhomme said...

wait - i got confused for a second and thought you made chicken waffles. I take it back; my inner Belgian remains limpid with serenity.

10/05/2005 9:14 AM  
Blogger Mariza said...

Can I also add that I look rather top heavy in that photo?

10/06/2005 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home