Monday, October 10, 2005

Trains, Planes, Automobiles

Do I get around?

In the past 15 days here are all the modes of transport on which I have lugged all my baggage.

  1. Voula drives me to the airport (auto 1)
  2. Air Canada to London Heathrow (plane 1)
  3. London Underground to Liverpool St (train 1)
  4. Liverpool St to Stansted airport (t 2)
  5. Ryanair to Palermo Falcone-Borsellino airport (p 2)
  6. Shuttle to Palermo (bus 1)
  7. Shuttle back to airport (bus 2)
  8. Meridiana Air to Florence Michelangelo airport (p 3)
  9. My cousin's wife picks me up, takes me to Florence (a 2)
  10. My cousin drives me south 6 hours to my dad's hometown southeast of Naples (a 3)
  11. Drive back to Florence (a 4)
  12. City bus to Santa Maria Novella train station in Florence (b 2)
  13. Train to Milan central station (t 3)
  14. Train to Bergamo (t 4)
  15. Ride with a kind stranger from hotel to Bergamo's Orio al Serio airport (a 5)
  16. Ryanair to Seville, Spain (p 4)
  17. Airport shuttle to Sevilla centre (b 3)
  18. Taxi to Seville train station (a 6)
  19. Taxi to Seville bus station (a 7)
  20. Overnight bus to Lisbon, Portugal (b 4)
  21. Train to Aveiro (t 5)
  22. Commuter train to Porto (t 6)
  23. Porto airport shuttle to catch flight (b 5)
  24. Ryanair to Stansted, England (p 5)
  25. Stansted Express train to central London (t 7)
  26. London Underground to Heathrow airport (t 8)
Totals so far:
trains - 8
planes - 5
automobiles -12 (includes 7 cars and 5 buses)


still to come:

  • Air Canada return flight to Toronto (p 6)
  • Voula and Ming pick me up at the airport tonight - I hope (a 8)
One word: frantic.

NB (The above list does not include the many city buses, cars, taxi, trams, funiculars, metro and suburban routes I took while staying within in any one particular city/town/locale)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mariza said...

We are picking you up, but Ming is going to piggyback you home while I drag your suitcase (h 1).

10/10/2005 10:16 AM  
Blogger Lottie said...

Yeh. Sorry about that. I'd souped up my rickshaw last weekend just for the occasion (r 1), but someone made off with the front wheel last night. Who DOES that?

10/10/2005 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home