Tuesday, February 21, 2006

muffin tops and oyster shooters

Lesson learned: chili for breakfast will land you on the couch that night.

We started the day at Ben's Chili Bowl on U Street - a hearty breakfast of piping hot chili, a chili dog, fries and a milkshake. This kept our minds off of food for the rest of the day (apart from that scoop at Haagen Daz). For dinner we shared the Orca Platter at the Old Ebbitt Grill near the White House. Wish I could tell you what Orca tasted like, but they brought us a dozen clams, dozen oysters, dozen jumbo shrimp, dozen crab claws and a big lobster instead. Ah well -- no complaints from me!

I think I may have ingested this year's quota for cholesterol. Oh please oh please, spare me the fate of the muffin top. But I fear it may be too late.

I will be sleeping on the couch tonight, as a courtesy to M. The gas I've been passing is almost as potent as the cauliflower splats coming from the Doberman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home