Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Prophylactica

I feel like this photo post deserves a preface. Perhaps a warning if there are small children in the room. I first learned about them while watching an episode of Degrassi. I thought they were talking about condominiums. You know, cause I lived in a 'condo'. I asked mom and she explained in the clearest possible way. Thanks mom, I appreciated it. So if there are small children in the room, you may want to ask them to gather 'round. This could be a good conversation starter. They do start early these days, you know.
We first noticed a pattern last fall. They started appearing randomly on the street, on the sidewalk, on the front lawn... And at first we thought it was the next door neighbours. They seemed slick, like they might work in 'film'. The brand is usually consistent, although the colour of the wrapper often changes. Where do they come from? Why? Do racoons like to chew them up and spit them out like a wad of gum? Maybe they like the salt...
So many unanswered questions. It's been a while since I've seen any and imagine my delight when I realized I had a camera in my purse as I narrowly avoided stepping on one in the middle of the sidewalk. I'm starting a photo-mentary. I know this isn't one of life's great unsovled, but it is puzzling nonetheless. So behold, Exhibit A:




3 Comments:

Blogger KarmaCake said...

ew.

3/02/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Lottie said...

this one was pineapple-flavoured

3/02/2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger KarmaCake said...

EWW!

3/03/2006 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home