Saturday, March 24, 2007

Now I know how Martha Stewart feels


You may be wondering why I haven't been posting about my Parisian adventures. Perhaps thinking I was having too much fun to be bothered with blogging? Truth is, I haven't seen much of Paris at all. Nope. Instead, since Monday, I've been nursing a sinus infection and instead of partaking in an array of French cheeses, I've been feasting on a buffet of French pharmaceuticals. Antibiotics, pain killers (cause I constantly feel like I've been punched in the face by Mike Tyson) and nasal sprays, oh my. Each time I try to go out, just for a little while, I come down with a fever the moment I get past a certain perimeter from the apartment. I feel like I'm wearing those electronic shackles that Martha had to wear when under house arrest. Whenever I get anywhere close to seeing the city, the invisible alarm goes off and my body starts to shut down. Ilias has been quite supportive. In fact, just to make sure I don't miss my own mother, he's been doing a GREAT impression of a greek mama, feeding me (because I "don't eat properly"), making sure I'm wearing an excessive amount of clothing at all times, etc, etc, etc, etc. Here's a photo with a great view of the Eiffel Tower. It's hanging on the wall of Ilias' apartment and is the closest I've come to actually seeing the damn thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger orange you glad said...

aww. poor missy. i'm sorry. i hope you feel better. damn, what was your crime? insider trading too?

it could be worse. you could have spent your vacation days in siberia, alone. and THEN gotten sick. but gotten sick while you were along a deserted stretch of highway. so you would have collapsed and nearly froze to death but instead your limbs would have merely frozen and you would have to lose all four limbs but still be alive. Stuck in Siberia.

think of it that way.

peace out,

kp

3/25/2007 1:00 AM  
Blogger Mariza said...

You always have such a way of putting things.

3/25/2007 7:43 AM  
Blogger Lottie said...

Poor Voula!

I say suck it in, layer it on and get out there!

I'm sure that a little fresh air is all you need ^_^

Miss ya.

3/25/2007 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home