Tuesday, January 04, 2005

now what?

she phoned again today, to tell me she's thinks about me "tutto il giorno" - which is quite more than anyone should.

we talked for over an hour. at one point she cried; i almost did too. she confessed that she doesn't love him any more.

i told her i would be very happy if she was still here with me... which is basically true, and basically meaningless.

would we go out if she were still here?

of course.

(once again, meaningless)

lucky her -- being able to think about me, while she has her boyfriend over there. it's a bit too convenient.

or am I cynical?

my (perpetual) problem is: my general willingess to meet people more than halfway, combined with my general ability to afford a plane ticket.

see, next time I cross an ocean with the express purpose of seeing a woman... well, if her first name isn't 'Mona' and her last name isn't 'Lisa', I'm afraid - after what happened last time - that she won't be worth it.

but "once bitten, twice shy" is such a cliché. and I don't do cliché.

I do know this: for about ten days, we got along almost perfect.

dammit.

i was thinking about going over thereabouts at some point anyway...

why does this happen? dammit to hell; please, someone call ann frickin' landers, before the l-d-r eats me alive (again).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home