Saturday, March 12, 2005

Driving through Parkdale, the things you see...

FYI: if you ever need DVDs (or anything else, it would seem), a can't-miss spot on College just west of Dufferin: Thang Hang Wang Bo Hut Chak Tong & DVD(sp?)*

&
DVDs? What more could the store have possibly offered?

*Back at the Château, in an attempt to find out the precise name of the store:

"Hi there, can you tell me the full name of your store?"
"Thuy NGA Ltd."
"Aren't there more words?"
"Oh yeh, that's in Vietnamese"
"Can you tell me the whole name of the store so that I can write it down?"
"Uh it's too difficult. What is it for?"
"Um, it's for a school project. We're cataloguing all the stores in our neighbourhood."
This was a lie.
"You can't write it. It's too difficult for you -- because of all the Vietnamese words..."
"Can't you just say it to me once and I'll write it down?"
"It means Vietnamese Video Store."
"But it's too hard and you can't just tell me the store name?"
"You'd better come by and see the sign for yourself."

And so we did.


Some great signs here in the West end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home