Sunday, December 11, 2005

feeling inspired

i think i'm in love...with winter.
i know! who knew that the girl who preferred to take the pee stinking tunnels at york
over walking half the time outdoors to get to class would admit to liking the season of death! of course, i think my shiny new parka might have something to do with it. i don't think i've worn sensible winter-wear a year in my life. well maybe when i was in kindergarten, but my mom dressed me so i can't really take credit for that. and i know, all relationships have their honeymoon periods. i'm sure by february i'll be nit-picking about how winter never stays nice and white and complaining about the wind burning my cheeks, but for now I'll chose innocent, naive, whistle-while-i-work love. and in celebration of this new found love, i propose the following winter activities:

  • ice skating at dufferin grove park complete with hot chocolate (homemade, of course), battery powered ghetto blaster and snacks
  • tobogganing at either christie pits or trinity bellwoods. today i was watching these kids plow into each other while riding sleds and crazy carpets over snow ramps and it made me want to dust off my snowpants and join them, tail bone be damned.

Of course, this will all have to wait until Ming returns from the far east, which only leaves more time to think of more winter fun ideas!

7 Comments:

Blogger Monsieur Bonhomme said...

I vote for skating in the Grove. we can serve rum and call it BladeRummer 2006. or wait till Rosh Hashonah, pull out our hockey sticks and call it Shinnyshonah.

or just call it Chateau Nice's Grovetacular Outdoor IceSkating Funtasy Gala, which we all agree is nice and simple.

12/11/2005 11:39 PM  
Blogger Mariza said...

That's it, Mister. The puns are out of control. Even the vultures we call Toronto's Parking Enforcement Officers give it a rest every now and then.

12/12/2005 12:37 PM  
Blogger KarmaCake said...

Winter is a hideous season that amplifies the cities notoriously bad drivers to mythical levels.

When winter can end cars splashing me with slush, homeowners salting the deadly uneven sidewalks infront of their homes, and they make boots that will not only fit on my size 10 feet, but, will adhere to ice, then I'll indulge in your whistful winter day dream.

AND WHAT'S WITH THE POM POM'S ON THE OBNOXIOUS FLUFFY MUCKLUCK UGGS THAT THE YORKVILLANS ARE WEARING!

AHHH!

12/12/2005 12:43 PM  
Blogger Mariza said...

Ah, anger. It's music to my ears.

12/12/2005 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am honeymooning with winter. I started checking on ebay for snow suits I could buy on the cheap to facilitate the sledding fun. Just let me know when and where.

12/12/2005 9:34 PM  
Blogger Lottie said...

Don't wait for the lactard if you want to go plowing through the snow. Who knows when I'll be back ;)
I do miss the snow though. I took one picture of the snow-covered trees of Dovercourt and I do look at it from time to time. The weather here is just grey grey grey and rainy.
The good thing about all this humidity is that this is the first winter in a long time, when I haven't had my fingertips wrapped in gauze and bandages!
I really should take advantage of this and find me some wings. Tonight!
I miss Patriza! Hmmm... I miss cakes and pants!

xoxoxo
lsc

12/14/2005 4:59 AM  
Blogger Mariza said...

We've been morphed. Like a power ranger!

12/14/2005 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home