Thursday, December 01, 2005

"off-putting," she finds it

I clicked on your CL posting because, honestly, is that not the funniest sketch in SNL history? Yes, I think it could be!

Anyway, your boy sounds swell, and I mean that most honestly. I love the singing in the kitchen/likes cats/veggies on the side and the fact that he's a writer. I was all set to reply until I read the last bit. To be quite frank, I found it off-putting. There's so few truly great guys out there that the challenge of finding one can be amazingly daunting... let alone the additional challenge of gaining approval from two female friends. Female friends are notoriously hard to gain acceptance from or impress... and really, it's about him, not you two, am I right?

I applaud your efforts. I've been tempted to do the same for my friends who I think are awesome and single, but I think there's a more effective way to go about it. If you want to help him out, arrange for this great guy to position himself at a book store or coffee shop or what have you, and let anyone who's interested know when he'll be there. If the right girl reads the post, she'll show up.

HC

******************

F: this response is hilarious.

I think you should explain that it really IS about you two and not me - and that I fully accept that too ;-) ... jk I think she's taking her online lovequest a bit too solemnly. but her idea about the coffee shop exhibition is very good, no?

and since when do I like cats?

V: Did we ever say you sang in the kitchen? I don't think so.

Did we solicit advice? I don't really think that we did. And would you ever send your friend to stand alone at a coffee shop in hopes that someone might show up? Talk about damage control afterwords!

Can I reply just saying, "He doesn't like cats. We never said he did."(and see, this would be a good place for double punctuation, because the question isn't being properly represented at the end of this sentence)

******************
HC,

The right girl will respond to our post.

"The Girls"


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a silly girl.

Everybody knows that the best SNL sketch ever was the ad for the luxury car with the Rabbi doing a bris while driving over a bumpy road.

Or anything with Toonces the Driving Cat.

12/02/2005 1:39 AM  
Blogger orange you glad said...

Actually G.N.C., that's where you are wrong. The best SNL sketch was the "Men’s Double Synchronized Swimming Team" (1984) with Harry Shearer and Martin Short. Duh.

I think you guys are being too hard on the girl. Seriously. This isn't a job interview - it's a bloody date.

Although there is definite entertainment value in picking these people and their responses apart.

12/02/2005 9:25 AM  
Blogger KarmaCake said...

She just doesn't sound like a very nice person!

In all, there must be something heinous about her to warrant her fear of meeting two of the nicest women in Toronto.

Seriously, this one, sounds like she's better left on the shelf to continue to grow dusty.

12/02/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Mariza said...

I think she's a lameoid. Everyone else who responded was super. How could we be the type to be super critical and hate every girl our Flavio brought home if it was our idea to create the post in the first place. Me critical? I think her idea was dumb. And she doesn't pay attention to detail.

12/02/2005 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home