Monday, November 14, 2005

double take

The last time I remember doing a double take, I was walking home, along Bancroft Way in Berkeley. 1998. It was sunny. I came up from behind a pick up truck parked along the curb, passed it. Although it was a truck, I remember it being low enough for me to see in. Dunno, maybe the sidewalk was built higher, maybe the tires were smaller. There was a dude in the driver's seat, hand clamped around his penis. I'd caught it out of the corner of my eye. My pace never changed, but I managed to look again for half a second longer, and he looked at me. Young, blonde. I just kept walking.

Walking along Dewson tonight, I was half a block from home when I heard a cough across the street. I looked over and saw a man in the laneway beside 99 Dewson, bent over, pants around ankles, ass lit by a streetlamp. Looking ahead of me, it wasn't until half a second later when it registered that I had just witnessed something out of the ordinary. So I looked again, gait never changing, and yes, there it was. Pasty-assed man, looking at me with both his eyes and his crack. I was tempted to call out "Excuse me sir, are you OK?" But by the time I worked up the nerve, I was walking up the steps to our front door.

I get home, anxious to tell someone -- anyone. Flavio was the lucky one to find out first. His reaction? To throw on his coat and march right out there with his camera. But he was too late. Assman was gone -- and he didn't even leave us turds/souvenirs to post on this site :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home