Friday, July 15, 2005

O-town follies

I'm in Ottawa, and it's a breathtakingly beautiful weekend. Ironically, there's no smog unlike the big TO(e) - hurrah. I saw Rufus Wainwright at Bluesfest last night and he was good; tonight it's sister Martha Wainwright. I dunno, Rufus W has a great voice but I still prefer Hawksley Wainwright (or even Luther Wainwright & the WainWrongs).

Today I witnessed the changing of the gourd. Except they spell it 'guard'. These O-towners have no sense of humour.

Oh - and if when driving up the 416 to the big O, you are ever tempted to 'follow the signs' and 'take the scenic route', don't bother. I think those signs are paid for by the forty townhouse developments that pockmark said scenic route with their 'Subdivision of the Year' billboards.

Anyway I hope to go to Montreal Saturday, but the trip to Newfoundland will have to wait for a another month. Don't worry St. John's, I'm coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home